You will love Alexander Signature Hybrid if you:
- Are looking for serious value – This product is brought to you by Nest Bedding, a well-known regional store that has successfully expanded online and sells directly to consumers. Because of their model, they cut back on expenses without having to pay a middleman. When it comes to pure value for money, Nest is hard to beat.
- Want exceptional support – This well-rounded mattress is not only comfortable, it offers proper spine alignment and pressure point relief. It is especially great for back and stomach sleepers and its strong edges will not roll you out of bed. If you would like to use your mattress for sitting and other activities (such as for sex), you will love the extra support this bed brings compared to traditional memory foam.
- Need great cooling – One thing is certain – you will never “sleep hot” in this bed. Highly breathable cover materials and a strategically-placed copper-infused foam in a lower level provide one of the best cooling capabilities you will see in any mattress. Innersprings are naturally cooler due to the air filling the spaces between coils.
- Want high-quality foam and coils – With high-density foam and premium coils, you will experience comfort without feeling trapped or sinking so far you fall out of alignment. Nest uses only the highest quality foam for the upper layers that bring the pressure relief and contouring so many love and a deep bounce only found in innersprings.
You might not like Alexander Signature Hybrid if you:
- Want a traditional innerspring sensation – This particular model feels more like a memory foam unit instead of an innerspring mattress. Hybrid beds bring different sleeping sensations than traditional construction, but they also have added features that cause people to shy away from traditional brands.
- Have off-gassing sensitivities – Like most products with memory materials, there is a short window of time where the product airs out and has a slight smell. This is over in a matter of a day or two and is to be expected. The bed will be completely odorless afterward.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This Nest Bedding model is a hybrid mattress designed to be used with non-flexible bases, such as closely slatted frames, platforms, and adjustable bases. The brand offers their own products on their website. The mattress is compressed and shipped in a box, although you would never be able to tell after the packaging is removed and it fully expands.
It is 14 inches thick with durable layers. There are handles on the side panels, which is an amazing feature that we rarely see on mattresses – and they make repositioning their product so much more convenient.
The non-removable cover has a natural feel since it is made out of a cotton and polyester blend. It is quilted to 1/4-inch of gel-infused memory foam and uses Thermic Phase Change Cooling Fabric. The quilting is specifically designed to enhance the airflow for all the foams and to relieve pressure between the bed and the body.
- The first layer beneath the cover is designed for cooling and comfort. It is 3 inches thick, made out of TitanChil Endurance Foam®.
- The second layer consists of 1.5 inches of copper-infused Energex foam. Since copper is a heat conductor, it pulls heat away from the body and helps keep the surface cooled off.
- The third layer is 1 inch of SmartFlow Support foam. It acts as a transitional layer that helps with spine alignment and cooling.
- The fourth layer is made out of 8 inches of Quantum® Edge pocketed coils. They ensure deep compression support and help air travel through the mattress
The Alexander Hybrid from Nest Bedding is a traditional-feeling mattress with some extras. Here’s who we think the mattress is best for, based on our evaluations
- Are a back or side sleeper
- Are a heavier person (over 200 lbs.)
- Are sensitive to a partner’s movements
- Prefer a firmer mattress
- Tend to sleep on the edge of your bed
- Are primarily a stomach sleeper
- Are easily disturbed by a partner repositioning
- Want a removeable cover