The Amerisleep AS2, formerly known as the Amerisleep Revere, is a medium-firm model. Using an eco-friendly manufacturing method, Amerisleep makes its memory foam with plant-based materials, and the process helps reduce the amount of chemicals and petroleum used.
Amerisleep’s foam is designed to offer comfort for pressure relief and firm support to allow for spinal and body alignment. The foam responds effectively to movement and body position changes with faster-than-average response, as compared to most memory foams.
Here are several key characteristics that make the Amerisleep AS2 mattress model stand out:
- Firmness: The AS2 model is a medium-firm mattress that is recommended for back and stomach sleepers. This model is more firm than Amerisleep’s AS3 mattress. The firmness level offered in this mattress performs well in supporting sleepers to promote natural alignment of the spine.
- Comfort and pressure relief: The comfort layer of this mattress is designed to offer optimal contour and hug for pressure relief. The conformity of the memory foam comfort layer allows for heavier parts of the body to sink down farther and holds up the lighter parts of the body to cradle the shape of each individual sleeper.
- Motion isolation: The foam layers of this mattress are designed to absorb movement on the surface of the mattress so that it has very little impact on other areas of the mattress. Sleeping partners benefit from this because they are don’t feel much and maybe any movement when the other sleeper shifts positions or moves during the night.
- Trial and warranty: Free shipping and a 100-night sleep trial is available with Amerisleep’s AS2 mattress. This length of a sleep trial and the company’s 20-year warranty are above average for the industry. This is true especially when Amerisleep is compared to other memory foam mattress competitors.
Overview of Features
- Adjusts on all bed foundations (slat base, platform base, adjustable bed)
- Spinal Support
- Memory Foam without feeling stuck
- Body Contouring
- Memory foam layer for enhanced comfort
- Cool and breathable feel
- Edge Support
- Available in various sizes from Twin to Split King
- Pressure relief and ease of pain
- Bio-Pur and Affinity with SMT comfort layers
- High-performance Celliant cover
- Motion isolation
- Comfortable regardless of position
- Supports all types of body structures (regular, lightweight, heavyweight)
- Easy to maintain and lift
- Sleep Trial: There is a 100 night trial period for this mattress.
- Warranty: Amerisleep offers a 20 year warranty.
- Shipping: The mattress ships free to the contiguous United States and will arrive compressed in a box.
Size and Pricing Information
|Twin||38″ x 74″ x 12″||49 lbs||$999|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 12”||53 lbs||$1,049|
|Full||54” x 74” x 12”||68 lbs||$1,149|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12″||81 lbs||$1,299|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||103 lbs||$1,599|
|California King||72” x 84” x 12”||102 lbs||$1,599|
|Split King||38″ x 80″ x 12″ (x2)||53 lbs (x2)||$1,898|
Is the Amerisleep AS2 right for you?
Now that we’ve taken a look at what the AS2 has to offer, it’s time to discuss who I think it would be a good fit for.
- Back and Stomach Sleepers – The AS2 is a bit on the firmer side and I found that it did a good job of keeping my hips from sinking in while I was on my back and stomach. This is important for back and stomach sleepers as it keeps their backs aligned in a good position.
- Couples – The AS2 performed well on both the motion transfer and edge support tests. These are the two tests I reference most when trying to decide if a mattress would be good to share with a partner.
- Memory Foam Without Stuck Feeling – The 2 inches of memory foam in the comfort layer provide an initial classic memory foam feeling of sinking in a bit and contouring to the body. Following that layer is a transition layer of firm poly foam that provides some bounce to the mattress, so while there is a slight feeling of sinking into the mattress you will be able to adjust position without any added effort.
Amerisleep has a line of 5 memory foam mattresses that are all catered to different types of sleepers
- Good combination of pressure relief and support
- Helpful customer service
- Fast delivery
- Easy purchase experience
- 100-night sleep trial
- Free shipping
- No odor
- FedEx delivery challenges
- Only one firmness level
- Return shipping fee
- Website interface is difficult to use
- No handles for easy lifting or transporting