You will love this mattress if you:
- Want quality on a budget – We believe this is a solid pick for a budget mattress because it provides an affordable alternative to high-end brands while maintaining the same benefits. The company’s family-owned factory allows for less expensive production, which they graciously pass along to their customers.
- Enjoy a typical memory foam feel – The layers are designed to work together to hug the body and provide a deep level of comfort. Those who want a classic memory feel should find fulfillment with this brand.
- Need motion isolation – Memory brands tend to perform the best in this area and this one is no exception! Light sleepers who have trouble on innerspring beds should look into this option for a better night’s sleep
You might not like this mattress if you:
- Prefer an innerspring feel – There will be a distinctly different feel to this Dreamfoam mattress when compared to an innerspring model since it is made with foams and gel instead of coils.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This is a memory foam bed that is compressed, roll-packed in a box, and delivered to your door.
It is designed to be used with a solid base for support. This includes a platform, wood foundation, or slatted bed with 3-4 inches between each slat. Dreamfoam also offers metal foundations that are designed to work well with their products.
The terms of the foundation are important when testing out the 120-night trial period or utilizing the warranty.
This model has an updated look from its previous version. The two-toned cover is made from four-way stretch cotton knit.
There are three layers that make up its 12-inch height.
- The first layer is 1.5 inches of 4-pound gel memory foam. The brand says that the gel found in this layer helps keep sleepers 33% cooler. This is good news since typical memory foams trap in heat, which can create uncomfortable warmth throughout the night.
- The second layer is 2.5 inches of 4-pound memory foam. Its function is to relieve pressure while providing support. It is an effective transition layer between the top and base levels.
- The third layer is an 8-inch polyurethane foam base. This layer provides effective support under the comfort layers.
After unpacking, there should be minimal off-gassing, meaning that the model probably will not have much of an odor after expanding.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We rate this bed a 5 out of 10 on our firmness scale with 10 being the firmest. Its true medium-level firmness provides versatility to cater to nearly every sleep position.
The durable cotton cover is soft to the touch. When pushing into the mattress and releasing, there is contouring and slow responsiveness. It has minimal bounce when compared to hybrid and innerspring mattresses.
Because it has a true medium feel, it should work well for a variety of sleep styles. Whether you’re a combination, side, stomach, or back sleeper, you will likely find yourself contoured without sinking too deep into the bed or falling out of alignment.
Back sleepers will likely find that the medium-level of firmness provides a balance of comfort and support.
Side sleepers should feel the immediate benefits of the memory layers, which will help to relieve their concentrated pressure points at the hips and their shoulders.
Stomach sleepers should have enough support so their hips stay in alignment and they maintain a neutral spine.
Heavier sleepers may experience further contouring, which is something to consider when thinking about temperature regulation. This is because the further down you sleep in a bed, the harder it may be to stay cool. Luckily, the cooling gel was put in the top comfort layer with this in mind.
The brand offers a wide selection of other products if you need even more pressure relief, support, or durability.
Memory beds are often viewed as the best in the industry when it comes to motion isolation, which includes this model. If you are a light sleeper that does not sleep alone, you may want to look into memory beds such as this one.
Light sleepers should not be disturbed by typical nighttime interruptions, including a partner getting in or out of bed or repositioning, as well as pets milling about.
When shopping for a mattress, you might want to consider two types of edge support and how they can enhance your experience. There are two types of support to pay attention to – sitting on the edge and lying on the edge.
It is widely known that memory beds do not typically perform as well in this area as hybrids and innersprings. However, this particular quality is not often a deciding factor in purchasing.
There are a few inches of noticeable compression when sitting on the edge of the bed. While lying down on the edge, there is additional compression, but the base layer helps to keep sleepers in one place.
- Trial Period – 120-night trial period. Note that the company does not provide packaging in the event you need to return the mattress.
- Warranty – 10-year limited warranty.
- Fantastic Budget Option – Costs less than comparable mattresses and has free shipping.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – Foams meet certification standards for levels of mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and other harmful chemicals. The manufacturers avoid ozone depleters to meet certification levels.
- OEKO-TEX® Certified – Materials meet a minimum global threshold for chemical standards, which should give you peace of mind as you use this product.
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 74” x 12”||$449|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 12”||$469|
|Full||54” x 74” x 12”||$539|
|Full XL||54” x 80” x 12”||$599|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$549|
|Short Queen||60” x 74” x 12”||$599|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||$749|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 12”||$749|
An amazing budget mattress is Dreamfoam's Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel Memory Foam bed, which should provide a good night's sleep at a fraction of the cost. This bed is manufactured by Dreamfoam, a brand by Brooklyn Bedding. They take pride in their ability to provide a wide-range of affordable products that customers love.
- Gel-Infused Memory Foam enables cool restful sleep
- Get-Infused memory foam provides for support
- Gel-Infused mattresses are most resilient
- Gel-Infused foam provides more benefits
- The cooling effect may not last very long
- Can be more expensive
- Can be uncomfortable for some