Nectar Mattress review: What you need to know
You could argue that 100 nights is plenty of time to decide whether a mattress is right for you but there’s definitely a benefit to having a longer trial period. After all, it’s only after a couple of months, if not longer, that a mattress becomes properly broken in and it’s only then that you get an idea of how it will feel like in the long term. Having the extra time to decide, then, is no bad thing.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
On our firmness scale, we scored Nectar a 6 to 6.5 out of 10, with 10 being the firmest. This places it in the argue that 100 nights is plenty of time to decide whether a mattress is right for you but there’s definitely a benefit to having a longer trial period. After all, it’s only after a couple of months, if not longer, that a mattress becomes properly broken in and it’s only then that you get an idea of how it will feel like in the long term. Having the extra time to decide, then, is no bad thing.
You will love Nectar if you:
- Love memory foam – If you prefer feeling like you’re slowly melting into the bed and experiencing a deeper-cradling hug, this mattress has classic features you will enjoy. In addition, Nectar’s design is breathable and helps reduce heat retention, combating the issues of traditional memory materials.
- Need pressure relief – Nectar delivers great pressure relief to your entire body, as well as in the shoulders and hips, where it is needed most. It contours to curves and reduces pressure, which works wonders for people who tend to sleep on their sides.
- Are looking for an exceptional value – There are high-quality materials in this bed at a truly affordable price. The brand even provides a full year in its trial period to see if you feel well rested, which translates into overall peace of mind with the purchase.
You might not like Nectar if you:
- Prefer a traditional innerspring feel – Nectar has crafted their memory foam bed to be supportive and comfortable, however, this mattress does not have the same level of bounce the innerspring known for and will have a different feel from them.
- Have a sensitive nose – Although it should quickly dissipate, there is some noticeable off-gassing, or “new mattress smell” from the materials that are released from this bed when it is first unpacked. This is typical for bed-in-a-box products and will disappear completely in a well-ventilated room within a couple of days.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Nectar’s memory foam bed is delivered to your front door rolled up into a bag with handles for easier transport through your house to the bedroom. If you prefer, the company will also arrange an optional White Glove Delivery service to have your mattress professionally unwrapped and installed.
This mattress is compatible with practically all foundations, including platforms, divans, boxsprings, slatted frames, and adjustable bases. If you choose, you can buy a foundation designed specifically for Nectar through the company’s website, and this foundation is also covered by a Forever Warranty.
The cover is made from durable long-staple cotton and Tencel, an eco-friendly, bed bug resistant fabric that promotes airflow and temperature regulation. It is fully removable, which is great if it needs to be spot cleaned.
Quilted into the cover is a 1-inch layer of breathable gel memory foam that gives the top of the bed a luxuriously plush feel that also works to reduce heat retention. On the underside of the cover, there are small bumps that act like little grips to help prevent the mattress from sliding around on its frame, which is especially nice for adjustable base set-ups.
Overall, the bed is 11 inches thick with the following layers beneath the gel-quilted cover.
- The first layer is 3 inches of Nectar’s LushFoam™, a gel memory foam that contours to your body’s curves. The gel helps keep the temperature of the bed regulated.
- The second layer is 1.5 inches of Adaptive Hi Core Memory Foam that has a much quicker response time than previous layers and a firmer feel. It helps to support the body’s weight and eases the transition from the comfort layers to the supportive base.
- The base layer is 5.5 inches of high-density foam, which the company refers to as a High Vegetable Base Super Core. It provides support to the body and creates a sturdy and durable foundation to the mattress.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified
- 365-Night Trial
- Forever Warranty
- 365-night trial
- Supportive without being hard
- Minimal smell
- Not as cheap as rivals
- Gets softer as it warms up
- No handles